The 6ixty (stylized as THE 6IXTY - Cricket's Power Game) is a T10 cricket 07 tournament organized by Cricket West Indies (CWI) and the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) which is scheduled to be played in St. Kitts and Nevis in its inaugural edition, which will take place in August 2022 in the lead-up to the CPL. There will be both a men's and women's edition of the tournament running at the same time, with the teams and their player rosters being mostly the same as in the CPL and Women's CPL. Several changes are made to the usual rules of T10 cricket in the competition.
The 6ixty is played in the T10 format of cricket (also referred to by its organizers as "60-ball cricket"), meaning that each team bats for a maximum of 10 overs (60 legal balls) in each game, each bowler bowls a maximum of two overs, and games last approximately 90 minutes. However, the following rules are added in The 6ixty:
- Teams are all out (i.e. they can't bat anymore) upon losing 6 wickets, rather than 10.
- The first 5 overs of each innings will all be bowled from one end of the pitch, with the other 5 overs bowled from the other end.
- Fielding teams must bowl the 10 overs of an innings within 45 minutes, or they lose a fielder during the final over.
- The batting team can 'unlock' a third powerplay over by hitting two sixes in the initial two powerplay overs.
- Fans will be able to vote to decide the timing of a "Mystery Free Hit" in each innings. (This will be a delivery on which the batters can't be dismissed in almost any way.)
The first edition of the tournament is scheduled to be played from August 24-28, 2022 at the Warner Park Sporting Complex stadium in St. Kitts and Nevis. There will be a concurrent men's and women's tournament, with all of the six teams from the Caribbean Premier League and the three teams from the Women's Caribbean Premier League participating.
Organizers plan to organize the competition four times a year, with the possibility of hosting one of these quarterly events outside of the West Indies.
- "THE 6IXTY – CRICKET'S POWER GAME | Windies Cricket news". Windies. Retrieved 2022-06-24.
- What is THE 6IXTY?, retrieved 2022-06-24
- "CWI and CPL unveil THE 6IXTY, a new T10 tournament | Cricbuzz.com". Cricbuzz. Retrieved 2022-06-24.
- "CPL to launch inaugural T10 tournament 'The 6ixty' in August". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 2022-06-24.
- "TOURNAMENT AMBASSADOR CHRIS GAYLE TO FOCUS ON 6IXTY IN 2022 CPL T20". www.cplt20.com. Retrieved 2022-06-27.
- "T10 League, a test case for cricket's shortest format". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 2022-06-24.