Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway
|Prince Sverre Magnus|
|Born|| (2005-12-03) 3 December 2005|
The National Hospital 05, Oslo, Norway
|Father||Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway|
|Mother||Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby|
|Norwegian royal family|
HH Princess Astrid, Mrs. Ferner
Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway (born 3 December 2005) is the younger child of Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit. He is third in line to succeed his grandfather King Harald V, after his father and elder sister Princess Ingrid Alexandra.
Birth and education
Prince Sverre Magnus was born on 3 December 2005 at The National Hospital the Oslo University Hospital in Oslo, where his sister Princess Ingrid Alexandra had been born a year earlier. He was baptised by Bishop Ole Christian Kvarme at the chapel of the Royal Palace in Oslo on 4 March 2006.
Beginning 18 August 2011, Sverre Magnus attended Jansløkka elementary school, a local state school attended by his sister and half-brother. On 17 June 2014, the Norwegian Royal Family notified the public that from the start of the 2014–2015 school year, Sverre Magnus would transfer to Oslo's private Montessori school. He attended the school until 2021. In the autumn of 2021, Sverre Magnus will attend Elvebakken Upper Secondary School in Oslo, the same school his older sister Princess Ingrid Alexandra currently attending, following the Information Technology and Media Production (IM) line.
Prince Sverre Magnus is known for dabbing on the balcony of the Royal Palace in the presence of the rest of the royal family, including his grandfather King Harald V. The dance move was performed unprompted.
The Constitution of Norway was amended in 1990 to introduce absolute primogeniture, ensuring that the crown would pass to the eldest child regardless of sex but keeping the Crown Prince ahead of his elder sister, Princess Märtha Louise. This change applied for the first time to the children of the Crown Prince, meaning that Sverre Magnus would not rank above his elder sister, as would have happened under prior constitutional rules. Sverre Magnus is third in the line of succession to the Norwegian throne following his sister. He is a member of the Royal Family but not of the Royal House, which consists only of his grandparents, parents and sister.
- Harald V's Silver Jubilee Medal 
Title and style
- "His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus - Biography". www.royalcourt.no. Norwegian Royal Court. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus was born on 3 December 2005 at Rikshospitalet University Hospital in Oslo. The Prince is third in line of succession to the throne.
- "Her Royal Highness The Princess". www.royalcourt.no. Norwegian Royal Court. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- His godparents are his paternal grandmother, the Queen of Norway; Queen Máxima of the Netherlands; the Crown Prince of Greece; Princess Rosario of Bulgaria; his maternal uncle Espen Høiby; and his parents' friends, Bjørn Steinsland and Marianne Gjellestad.
- Svarstad, Jørgen; Hagesæther, Pål Vegard (17 June 2014). "Kronprins-barna på private skoler". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Prinsen starter på videregående skole". www.kongehuset.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved 24 July 2021.
- "This 11-year-old Norwegian Prince has given the dab the royal seal of approval".
- "Order of succession". www.royalcourt.no. Norwegian Royal Court.
- "His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus". www.royalcourt.no. Norwegian Royal Court. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
Third in line for the Norwegian throne after his sister, Princess Ingrid Alexandra.
- "The Royal Family". www.royalcourt.no. Norwegian Royal Court.
- "Jubileumsmedalje". Royal Court.
- "The Royal Family".
- Media related to Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway at Wikimedia Commons}}
- Official website of the Royal House of Norway
- Video by NRK from the baptism of Prince Sverre Magnus